Indexation of travel or accommodation expenses

WorkSafe can pay the reasonable travel or accommodation expenses incurred by immediate family members Family member means a partner, parent, grandparent, sibling or child of the worker or of the worker's partner of:

  • an injured worker where:
  • the worker sustains a severe injury that requires immediate treatment in a hospital, and
  • the hospital is located at least 100 kilometres from the family members normal residence.
  • a deceased worker where:
  • the deceased worker’s burial or cremation service is held at least 100 kilometres from the normal residence of the worker’s family members.

Monetary limits on travel or accommodation expenses are indexed each July, in accordance with the CPI Consumer Price Index.