Work experience students
Employer obligations are the same where the worker is a student except that the obligation does not apply if the worker is a school student employed under a work experience arrangement under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006.
The following classes of employers (to the extent indicated) are only required to comply with the obligation to provide employment and are exempt from the other RTW Return to Work obligations in the RTW part of the legislation:
- employers (including owners corporations within the meaning of the Owners Corporations Act 2006) who employ domestic or similar workers otherwise than for the purposes of the employer's trade or business (but only to the extent that such workers are concerned)
- employers who hold owner-builders' permits under the Building Act 1993 (but only to the extent that the workers employed for the purposes of the work to which the permits relate are concerned)
- employers (being corporations) who only employ workers who are directors of the corporation
- employers who only employ workers who are members of the employer's family
- employers who only employ workers who only perform work while outside Victoria.