- Where, under this Part —
- a person is entitled, in relation to a financial year, to an amount at the rate of the whole or a part of twice the State average weekly earnings and
- continues to be so entitled and
- the amount of State average weekly earnings is reduced in respect of a subsequent financial year —
the person's entitlement, in respect of that subsequent financial year, is to be calculated as if the reduction had not taken effect, except for the purposes of this section.
- If the amount of State average weekly earnings —
- is reduced in respect of a financial year and
- is increased in respect of a subsequent financial year —
that increase has effect in relation to a person to whom subsection (1) applies only to the extent (if any) to which the amount of the increase exceeds the amount of the reduction in respect of the previous financial year, or that part of the reduction that has not been set off against a previous increase.
- For the purposes of this Act, a reference to twice the State average weekly earnings is a reference to that amount calculated —
- if that amount is less than $1000, to the nearest whole dollar or
- if that amount is $1000 or more, to the nearest $10.