The Expression of Interest (EOI Expression of Interest) must include proof of identity, including date of birth by providing a certified copy of one of the following:
- birth certificate or extract or change of name registration in English. If not in English, a translation of the document certified by a translator who is a member of the National Accreditation Authority for Translators & Interpreters (NAATI National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters)
- current Australian passport or a current passport issued by the government of another country
- passport issued by the Australian government or the government of another country, which has not been cancelled and which was current two years or less before the worker lodged the EOI
- current driver’s license issued by an Australian State or Territory
- Australian naturalisation or citizenship document or immigration papers issued by the Department of Immigration or the Australian Passport Office.
Proof of changed name
If the name given in proof of identity documents differs from the name currently used, the worker must provide verification of the changed name by providing at least one of the following:
- marriage certificate
- divorce paper bearing the name being reverted to
- an updated birth certificate
- deed poll (pre 1 November 1986 in Victoria)
- change of name registration (on and after 1 November 1986 in Victoria)
- guardianship order
- adoption paper.
To ensure proof of identity, the worker can provide:
- documents certified by a person able to witness or take a statutory declaration or affidavit within Australia or
- forward original documents.
If the worker forwards original documents, the Agent must:
- take a copy
- arrange to have it certified internally (by Senior Legal Manager)
- return the original documents to the worker by registered post.
If requested, the worker must provide the originals of any documents.