WorkSafe can pay the reasonable cost of social work services and Accredited Mental Health Social Work (AMHSW) at the request of a medical practitioner where required as a result of a work-related An injury/disease is work related if it arose out of or in the course of employment and the scope of employment. injury or illness.
WorkSafe can pay for the reasonable costs of a medical and like expense where a worker is entitled to provisional payments on a claimed mental injury.
See: 6.5 Provisional payments for a mental injury
See: Policy for Social Work and Accredited Mental Health Social Work
The policy provides guidelines about:
- who can provide social work services
- who can provide AMHSW services
- what costs WorkSafe will and will not pay for
- expectations for service delivery under the Clinical Framework
- referral requirements.
Service standards and Declaration
Please note that these apply to AMHSW services only:
- WorkSafe’s Service Standards for Accredited Mental Health Social Work and
- Declaration for Accredited Mental Health Social Workers
The service standards and declaration contain guidance material for working within the workers compensation scheme and providing evidence based best practice and outcomes.