WorkSafe can pay the reasonable cost of naturopathy services at the request of a medical practitioner where required as a result of a work-related An injury/disease is work related if it arose out of or in the course of employment and the scope of employment. injury or illness.
WorkSafe will only pay for naturopathy services by providers who are:
- registered by WorkSafe to provide naturopathy services and
- able to provide evidence of eligibility for membership with one of the following organisations:
- Australian Natural Therapists Association (Naturopath)
- Australian Naturopathic Practitioners Association
- Complementary Medicine Association and
- able to provide evidence of current professional indemnity insurance.
Refer to policy for Naturopathy including information about:
- who can provide services
- what WorkSafe will and will not pay for
- expectations for service delivery under the Clinical Framework
- referral requirements.
See: Cost of services | Fee Schedule for Naturopathy