4.5.7 Chiropractic

WorkSafe will only pay for chiropractic services by providers who are:

  • registered with WorkSafe to provide chiropractic services
  • registered to practice as a chiropractor with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).

Refer to policy for Chiropractic Services including information about:

  • who can provide chiropractic services
  • expectations for service delivery under the Clinical framework
  • what costs will be paid for
  • what costs will not be paid for
  • reporting requirements of chiropractors
  • restricted consultations

See: Cost of services | Fee Schedule for Chiropractic Services

Applying for restricted consultations
  • the restricted consultation application form must be sent to the worker's Agent
  • chiropractors should not use the restricted consultation item number until they have been advised in writing that their application has been approved
  • item number CR106 should be used for invoicing for completing the application form

Back to top

Agent reviews the application
  • the Agent determines if the diagnostic criteria are met (refer to the ‘restricted consultations’ heading in the policy for Chiropractic Services)
  • if the criteria are met, the application is then forwarded to WorkSafe Clinical Panel who determines whether the proposed treatment is clinically justified
  • the Agent will advise the treating provider in writing whether their application has been unsuccessful
Appealing the decision
  • all appeals are considered by two members of WorkSafe’s Clinical Panel in consultation with the applicant, to determine the clinical justification of the treatment proposed
  • appeals can be lodged by forwarding a copy of the original application, the reasons that a review is being requested and any other supporting documentation to:

    Clinical Services Branch
    WorkSafe Victoria
    PO Box 279
    GEELONG VIC 3220

    Email: clinical_panel@worksafe.vic.gov.au

Accessing chiropractic forms

The Chiropractic Treatment Notification and Restricted Consultation application forms are available via the WorkSafe website.

Next | Back to top