2.7 Independent medical examinations & reports
2.7.1 THP reports | 2.7.2 Independent medical examiners (IMEs) | 2.7.3 Compliance | 2.7.4 Standards & complaints | 2.7.5 Complaints against IMEs | 2.7.6 Cost of independent medical examinations
This section covers THP reports and independent medical examinations.
A report from a THP can help to:
- determine a worker’s eligibility for initial or ongoing entitlements
- review an worker’s ongoing medical and health services and
- manage a worker’s rehabilitation and return to work.
Independent medical examination
A report from an IME Independent Medical Examiner / Independent Medical Examination can help to:
- resolve identified medical or treatment issues adversely impacting claims or RTW Return to Work management
- determine medical, treatment and claims liability and entitlement issues.
An IME provides a medical opinion in their report that is evidence based and not influenced by the person who has arranged the examination or any other party including a worker or employer.